Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Board Highlights - May 27, 2014

Hello friends! My name is Dawn Farias, a digital designer at Dawn by Design, and I'm thrilled to be here at QDSF to show off some page designs from the QDSF CT Layouts Pinterest board. Let's get started:

1. by Rae Clevett - What really caught my eye on this page is the arrangement of the (gorgeous!) patterned papers. The cropping is generous and the placement really draws your eye across the page. The photos are tinted perfectly to match the color scheme of the page. I'm a sucker for paint splats used for grounding clusters and I also love the dark blue accents for contrast.

2. Hero by Carrie Arick - What a joyful page! I think the ephemera clusters are perfect for the vintage style photo. The word art and title are nicely placed as is the sentimental journaling. Also, those yellow paper trims? What a bold complement to the the page's colors scheme.

3. Wild at Heart by amymom24 - The bold colors of this page are what drew my eye. I thought this was going to be a fun lighthearted page with all those bright colors, but than I started reading the journaling. The photo and story are hopeful and my heart goes out to this family! So glad for them that this photo and these thoughts have been recorded. 

4. I am Enough by chocochoco - The background here is the perfect foil for the design and message of this layout. The design of the inspirational text balances out the nice photo cluster on the right and I love the black word stamp counterbalanced with the black diamond stamp along the bottom. This is a beautiful page.

5. A Great Mind by tulip918 - I love the vertical flow of this page! Everything from the paint to the elements draws your eyes back and forth and down to the journaling - which is full of pride and cleverly accented with messy stitching. The monochromatic scheme works well with a few small punches of color. 

So, that's it from me today. Hopefully, I'll see you again soon with some new page highlights.

About the author:

Dawn Farias is a digital scrapbook designer at Dawn by Design. Join her monthly subscription program for great products at a great value and also check out her latest steal, the Together kit, which you can grab for only $1 by becoming a subscriber to her newsletter.

Get layout inspiration on our group Pinterest board!

site meter